

22. enjoys life. happily engaged. loves her family. loves her 2 cats. loves the company of friends. loves to camwhore.
vain. sensitive. bubbly. moody. crappy. lame. cheerful. in short, UNPREDICTABLE.
Have Done

2nd deposit for wedding package

lace for nikah outfit

get bedroom set

final food testing

visit MANIQ for shoes and veil

register marriage @ ROMM

apply to HDB for usage of void deck

finding female wedding favours

choose studio package

choosing outfits from MasBoutique

list out hantaran items

make a list of guests (Mine)

finding male wedding favours

take measurement for nikah outfit

collect MANIQ accessories

book Honeymoon trip

make a list of guests (Parents)

collection of nikah outfit

trial make-up

shop for hantaran items (His)

shop for hantaran items (Mine)

distribution of weddin cards

final fitting

arrival of bedroom set

pamper myself to pedicure

henna session

learning to smile
PROPERLY :)
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
Just got back from Pameran Pengantin at Singapore Expo. Mum and Tunang were with me. Tunang wanted to survey for videoman and cameraman for the event. As for me, it's looking out for lace or whatever material that is suitable for our solemnization outfit.
After spending almost an hour there, Ta-Da! We spotted Maniq and voila! what I was looking for! Rows and rows of lace (or whatever material it is! I don't care but all i know is that all of them are beautiful!!)!
Okay, let's not get too excited here. Hahaha. So, the owner of the shop, Abg Ali, talked to us and asked us what we need the material for. We told him we need something for our solemnization. He asked if we wanted the normal (and boring!) cream or white. I personally wanted to stick to those kind of colours but then he explained that we could actually use the same outfit for future usage like Hari Raya or wedding dinner. Then he left us to decide after showing us a few more colours.
I was torn between a beautiful and glamourous-looking yellow lace fabric and a sweet pastel lilac lace fabric. Both looks equally good when I put them close to my body. Finally, Tunang and me decided on the lilac one. But to my disappointment, the fabric was only wat Abg Ali called half-lace, which can only be used to make the top and some patches to the kain. So, no lilac.
Wanted to decide on the yellow fabric when Abg Ali took out more and more materials to show us. Pening sey! And the ironic thing is, I didn't settle for the yellow one which I really, really wanted cos I think it's very gorgeous. I settled for something green. The pattern on the fabric is exactly like the yellow one so I guess I don't pretty much bother about the colour. But it did look good when I tried it on my body. Errrmmm.. Ok fine, I admit, I think if I were to put everything on me and then try to decide which one I want, I'd probably still be there, making up my mind so... nevermind.
Anyway, this actually comes with a package. The fabric will be made into an outfit, which Tunang and I will decide based on pictures from magazines. There will also be 2 other items to choose from. You can actually choose if you want matching sequined handbag, matching sequined shoes, sequined veil, sequined selendang or something else. For now, I'm thinking of the handbag and shoes but if i still want to add anything, I'd just have to pay another $50 per item.
Tunang also bought his solemnization outfit material from the same shop. And the package they offer is $599 for a couple. $399 for mine and $200 for him. And he will be getting a nice pair of Baju Melayu (in whatever style), a piece of kain sampin (I think it's made from Brocade fabric) and matching songkok. And not just ordinary sampin or songkok, it's tailor made to suit the owner and also to suit the colour of the Baju Melayu. I think the whole package is not bad cos the shoes and handbag can be used for hantaran. And furthermore, Mum went to ask the cost of a ready-made Kebaya (Jawa styled) and it cost $450! So might as well stick to this one right?
And so, that's basically what I did today. Preparations are going pretty well so far and I'm feeling much better now.
So next stop - berkat hunting??
p l e a s u r a b l e THOTS @ 8:39:00 PM